Life, Life, LIFE!Whether the words, spaces, and punctuation marks appear in The Iliad or Don Quixote, a fluffy sportswear catalogue or a dense computer manual, the goal of all writing is to get some tiny bit of the gargantuan energy we call life onto the page so that other humans can read it and say, "Yes, that writing describes the life I know." Continue reading...
Writers Talk About Writing
Ad and marketing creatives
A Junior Dictionary Kerfuffle
The Story Behind Stuart Scott's "Booyah!"
Click here to subscribe today.
More Top Rated Word Lists:
RECENT COMMENTS FROM OUR SUBSCRIBERS
Put the VT to work in your classroom
- Word Routes Exploring the pathways of our lexicon
- Language Lounge A Monthly Column for Word Lovers
- Word Count Writers Talk About Writing
- Behind the Dictionary Lexicographers Talk About Language
- Candlepower Ad and marketing creatives
- Teachers at Work A column about teaching
- Evasive Maneuvers Euphemisms old and new
- Dog Eared Books we love
- Blog Excerpts
- Dept. of Word Lists