VT Treasure Hunt: Winner!
Last time in Contest Corner, the challenge was to track down the answers to ten questions in a Visual Thesaurus treasure hunt. Congratulations to Catherine McIntyre of the English Language Institute at Texas A&M University for submitting ten correct answers. Catherine wins a Visual Thesaurus T-shirt! Her answers follow below.
Treasure Hunt Questions and Answers
- Find a sculptor whose last name rhymes with "floor."
- Find an antonym of "counterfeit."
- Find a word that fits all the parts of speech categories listed on the VT display (noun, adjective, verb, adverb).
- Find the Dutch word for "goldfish."
- Find the two types of tissue that the word "cortex" can represent.
plant or animal tissue
- Find the verb from which the word "president" is derived.
- Find a name that is fit for an English queen and for a town in southeast Texas.
- Find the Amendment to the Constitution that guarantees freedom of speech.
The First Amendment
- Find the largest ocean in the world.
The Pacific Ocean
- Find a shade of pink that is tinged with yellow and rhymes with "reach."