American "-or" words

September 6, 2009
By Ben Zimmer (New York, NY)Visual Thesaurus ContributorVisual Thesaurus Moderator
These words are spelled with "-our" in British English, but thanks to Noah Webster, Americans spell them with "-or."

More here: http://www.visualthesaurus.com/cm/wordroutes/1975/

Rate this wordlist:

Join the conversation

Comments from our users:

Monday December 2nd 2013, 7:58 PM
Comment by: Sir Sam
Thanss for these words? Really srinivasakoppula ???

Do you have a comment?

Share it with the Visual Thesaurus community.

Your comments:

Sign in to post a comment!

We're sorry, you must be a subscriber to comment.

Click here to subscribe today.

Already a subscriber? Click here to login.

Create a new Word List