Fictional eponyms are a new frontier for brand naming, and the territory is quickly becoming well populated. A partial list includes Amazon's Alexa, the health insurance company Oscar, the "intelligent oven" June, and the mattress brand Eve. The first-name brand isn't your boss – it's your buddy.
Not a Subscriber Yet?
Try it RISK FREE! When you subscribe you get:
Full access to the Visual Thesaurus, including:
- Easy-to-use interactive thesaurus and dictionary to explore words and language
- Over 145,000 English words and 115,000 meanings to find the right word and discover related meanings
- 39,000 proper nouns, including historical figures, phrases and trademarks
- Intuitive word maps - free associate, brainstorm and use words precisely
- Definitions and example sentences to master word usage
- Meanings color-coded to indicate parts of speech and improve your grammar
- Five additional languages: Spanish, German, Italian, French and Dutch (beta)
- Two and three-dimensional views - rotate word maps to reveal complex relationships
- Audio pronunciation in American and British accents
- Printing and emailing word maps
And exclusive access to our online magazine dedicated to language and the creative process:
- Access to great articles like this one.
- Features and interviews with writers, ad and marketing creatives, lexicographers, teachers and more.
- Join a community passionate about words, language and creativity.